What are the different types of coatings for a castor frame?
The type of finish has a huge impact of how long and durable your frame would be in the long run. So the finish you choose must take into account the environment & application it will be around whether its polished, electrogalvanized, Cathodic Electrodeposition (CED) processed, hot dip galvanized or powder coated
By rubbing it or by applying a chemical treatment, leaving a clean surface with a good reflection.
• Least amount of protection
• Most economical option of finish
A process in which a layer of zinc is bonded to steel using a chemical reaction to protect against corrosion.
Prone to scratches - when Scratched, the exposed steel corrodes and forms a rust "bubble“ can expand and lift the paint off the surface, creating a blister
Hot Dip Galvanized
Same chemical reaction as electrogalvanized, except the body is submerged in a bath of molten z inc during the process, covering more area.
• Corrosion resistant with sacrificial protection of zinc coating.
• Can be used outdoors in all weather conditions (like in construction industry).
• Smoother finish
Cathodic Electrodeposition (CED)
The frame is immersed in a bath that may consist of paint or epoxy water-based solution. An electric current is then used to attract the particles that are suspended in the liquid solution & deposit them onto the surface of the substrate.
• Covers hard-to-reach areas
• Most e-coats are not UV stable
• Gives precise control over the coating’s thickness, resulting in ultra-thin finishes that are difficult to achieve with powder coating
Powder coating involves the application of a dry powder consisting of a precise combination of epoxy resins & various curing agents. A spray gun is used to electrostatically apply the particles onto the surface of the substrate.
• Protect your products from wear, weathering, and UV exposure.
• More durabe finish than CED.
• Can be done on other coatings
Select the right wheel yourself with the product selector!
From over 50000+ variation of castor wheels in material, frame, size, bearing, plate size parameters and accessories, discover the right wheel for your application!
OR you can directly contact or castor wheel experts at
firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel. +91 9446525001